Working for the peace
After thoroughly evaluating examples of our embroideries and service, The Peace Palace in The Hague (Holland) chose us for the graphic implementation and hand embroidery of two extinct countries' coat of arms to be used on chairs in the palace. These chairs will be part of a new permanent exhibition and in addition to the present collection.
The Peace Palace is home to the International Court of Justice and the Permanent Court of Arbitration, but also the Peace Palace Library and The Hague Academy of International Law.
Click pics on the left for more detail.
The palace, the surrounding site and the library are managed by the Carnegie Foundation, which was named after the Scottish-American philanthropist Andrew Carnegie who gifted the Dutch state 1.5 million dollars in 1903 to build a Temple of Peace.
One of the crests to be embroidered was the historic Austria-Hungary coat of arms, based on the House of Habsburg Empire.
Click the image below to view how we approach a project like this: